In Los Angeles, gamer Jonathan Gonzalez was having a good time playing games when he felt a big shock on his head, as if someone “smacked” him, according to KCAL9 / CBS News Los Angeles.
But the reason for this shock was more sinister. The teenager noticed a bullet hole in the bedroom window. The bullet hit the headset’s headband, containing a metal strip inside, causing the stray bullet to ricochet into a nearby wall.
Police did not find the shooter, and there’s no clear picture of why the bullet hit the room. However, the current police assumption is that the round was not shot at close range, hence the stray bullet thesis.
Jonathan was fortunate. If the bullet had gone just a little bit in any direction, he could have been hit directly in a life-threatening manner. Razer, the headset manufacturer, sent a replacement after learning of this incredible story.